Looking for the latest tools to create positive messages about aging? Encore leader Janine Vanderburg created a valuable package of materials for her February Reframing Aging webinar:
- Reframing cards reviewing key issues
- Communications checklist
- Social Issues worksheet
- Implicit Bias test mentioned in the webinar
- Anti-ageism advocate Ashton Applewhite’s This Chair Rocks website, and Old School, a clearinghouse of anti-ageism resources
The Denver Post spotlighted Janine’s work and the bottom-line value of experienced talent in this article, Combatting Ageism in Colorado, Initiative Promotes Older Workers as a Way to Address State’s Tight Labor Market.
In her day job, Janine leads Changing the Narrative Colorado, a strategic communications and awareness campaign to increase understanding of ageism and to shift how Coloradans think about aging. She highlighted materials available on its website and Facebook page:
- This link takes you to resources and links, including links to the full research reports by FrameWorks Institute.
- The same page also has links to specific recommendations and resources for Framing Frailty, which should be helpful to those who are working with more vulnerable older adults.
- For resources on HOW TO implement some of the reframing recommendations, go here.
- The TAKE ACTION page allows you to sign up for the mailing list to get more information, to download the business case for age-friendly and multi-generational workplaces and more.
- The campaign uses Facebook to share important articles about aging and ageism. Follow the campaign, share posts and add your resources.Janine would love to hear from you. Contact her here.
Published: March 7, 2019